Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cricut Vinyl and Stencil Fun!

We just got back from Florida where we did a "Live From The US" broadcast for Ideal World in the UK. Lucky UK viewers to get the Pink Expression at an amazing price!!!

One of the cartridges that was included in the bundle was Accent Essentials, which I must say is an 'oldy' but a goody!!! This is a perfect cartridge for home decor projects and so I thought I'd share my accent wall with you :)
Accent Essentials Stencil Project
Originally, we (my daughter Quin and I) planned to do a full wall with this pattern, but I thought it would be too much. The pony wall separates my kitchen from the family room, so I wanted something that was fun and not too serious. I love how funky and trendy it turned out, without overwhelming the entire visual space.

I used vinyl to cut my images, and filled in the whole space with an assortment of shapes cut from Accent Essentials, before I started to paint. Once we were happy with the positioning, (Quin was a key player after all!) I painted right over top of the vinyl with a lighter shade of the wall color. Once the paint was dry, I peeled the stencils/vinyl off and hung up the pictures!! Easy peasy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I am so glad I found your blog. I have been a big fan of your work for a long time. I own some of your cartridges for my original cricut (or as I like to call, the dinosaur) My hubby recently got me the Imagine for a birthday gift. I hope to get some of your newer cartridges for it as well.

    I was hoping you could help be out with a project i want to do...You did it a LONG time ago on Scrapbook Memories (maybe in 2005?) You used the cartridge that came with my original cricut. I don't have the name handy. Anyway, it was a word search wall hanging. I think you hid a family name or a something in it. Do you remember it? I have searched all over the Scrapbook Memories site for it and can not find it. Would you mind sending me a pic of the finished project and maybe even the instructions for it? I think it would be super cute in my entry way. Thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Jackie Truhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely have instructions and pictures of the Word Search wall hanging! It is one of my family favorites! I will post it to the blog asap!! I'm glad you found me too!!

    ReplyDelete