Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Review July 25th

Well, I must say that it's about time we had a little SUN around here! I had an excellent weekend, sitting in the sun, soaking up the rays and KNITTING!

With not only a baby girl grandbaby on the way, but also a baby boy great nephew (just call me Granty) I have had a great time buying and buying and buying, project after project after project to do! So, isn't it natural that I would set aside all of the new stuff and knit a little hat using some sock wool leftovers? lol

Basic Umbilical Cord Hat
To make my hat, I combined two lovely patterns that I found at Raverly.com. The first was for an umbilical cord hat  and the second was for an icord flower.

Tying the icord through the flower. 
I LOVED how this little hat turned out and I will definitely be adding some icord flowers to future projects. My Sister-in-law made a similar hat without the flower for her future grandbaby boy...she ran away with it before I got a picture (or spilt anything on it) and so I'll have to share some of her great knitting on a future blog! 

The finished hat

Birds eye view
And now...it's off to the back yard to finish of the weekend (and maybe another project) while basking in the sun!! 

Happy Crafting!
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment